The Construction Engineering Program offers a Master of Science Non-Thesis degree, which prepares students for successful careers in engineering related to design/build construction and project management. Specifically, graduates will be educated to understand and solve the complexities that arise during the engineering and construction phases. Graduate training is designed to instill independent and critical thinking, develop problem solving technical skills, and provide the foundation for life-long learning.
Applicants to the graduate program in Construction Engineering must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelors Degree: Applicants must have a Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- GPA: A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is required for an application to be evaluated. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated based on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work.
- GRE: Only applicants with a minimum combined score of 300 on the quantitative and verbal sections will be evaluated.
- TOEFL or IELTS (international students only): International applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS test. The University of Utah requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 iBT, or a minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 for an application to be evaluated. International students that have received a Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada (except Quebec), the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand are not required to take the TOEFL exam.
|Fall||March 1st||March 1st|
|Spring||September 1st||September 1st|
The online ApplyYourself application requires the following information:
Applicants are NOT required to take the GRE if they meet one of the following:
- Obtained a PE License
- Graduated with a B.S. degree in engineering (or closely related field) from an ABET accredited university AND have a GPA of 3.20 or higher.
If you are not required to take the GRE, please enter “0” on the application when it asks for your GRE scores. If you have a PE License, please upload a copy in the Post Submission section of the online application.
Please upload a copy of your curriculum vitae/resume into the online application.
Please submit a brief personal statement (1-2 pages) describing the kind of professional and academic studies you hope to undertake and your goals for this degree.
If you have any questions, please email the Construction Graduate Advisor.
All materials must be received by the application deadline in order for the application to be reviewed.