Online Graduate Application: To apply for admission please complete the ApplyYourself online application.
- The application fee is $55 for domestic applicants or $65 for international students.
- Transcripts: Please upload your unofficial transcripts into the ApplyYourself application.
- GRE: GRE scores must be current (taken within the last 5 years) in order to be accepted by the Department. This test is administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS) and applicants must forward their official GRE scores to the University of Utah (School Code: 4853). Personal photocopies are not sufficient.
- *Applicants who have a PE License or have graduated from an ABET accredited university with a B.S. Degree in engineering or closely related field and a GPA of 3.20 or higher and not required to take the GRE. If you are not required to take the GRE, please enter “0” on the Department Application when it asks for your GRE scores. If you have a PE License, please upload a copy in the Post Submission section of the ApplyYourself online application.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Personal Statement: Please submit a brief personal statement (1-2 pages) describing the kind of professional and academic studies you hope to undertake and your goals for this degree.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Three Letters of Recommendation are required for an application to be completed and must be submitted online. On the ApplyYourself online application there is a section for applicants to enter the names and email addresses of their recommenders. Recommenders will receive an email with a username and password which will allow them to upload their letter to the application. Academic Letters of Recommendation are preferred.
All materials must be received by the application deadline in order to be reviewed.